Why May You Need A Thyroid Test?
Comparatively, many women of all age groups are more common to have low thyroid hormone levels than men. Moreover, most of their symptoms are related to other conditions or consequences of aging.There is the reason that you should go for thyroid test cost.
When you are taking a blood test, the levels of TSH is the most sensitive and vital test for analyzing whether you have hypothyroidism.
Many laboratories make use of 0.45 – 5.00 mIU/L as a normal reference range for TSH. The person who has TSH between 5.00 and 9.99 mIU/L usually don’t have any symptoms (known as subclinical hypothyroidism).
Suppose if your TSH is in the range then, another test called T4 will be done. If you result in a low level of T4, which means you can be benefited from thyroid hormone replacement.
Most of the people who are with hypothyroidism or subclinical hypothyroidism don’t know what is going wrong because they have not tested yet. Without cost-effective symptoms, the U.S. Preventive Services Task Force (USPSTF) doesn’t ask for thyroid screening.
Because it hasn’t found sufficient evidence of testing thyroid hormone levels in large groups of people. Doctors agree and suggest some different approaches like —testing asymptomatic people who are most often required to develop thyroid disease and benefit from treatment.
The risk of creating more serious problems like cardiovascular disease can be avoided by treating subclinical hypothyroidism with synthetic thyroid hormone.
They mention that low thyroid hormone may lead to a high cholesterol level, and in consequence, the treatment with thyroid hormone may also make statin therapy unnecessary.
What Are Thyroid Function?
Thyroid function tests cost include a series of thyroid blood tests that help you to measure how well your thyroid gland is working.
Available tests include the T3, T4, T3RU, and TSH. The thyroid generates mainly two significant hormones: triiodothyronine (T3) and thyroxine (T4).
If your thyroid gland does not function properly, i.e., does not produce the required amount of these hormones, you will experience symptoms such as lack of energy, weight gain, and depression. This condition is called hypothyroidism.
If your thyroid gland generates more than required hormones, you may experience high levels of anxiety, weight loss, tremors, and a sense of being on a high. This condition is called hyperthyroidism.
Moreover, if your doctor is concerned about your thyroid hormone levels will tell you to take extensive screening tests, which also include T4 or the thyroid-stimulating hormone (TSH) test.
In case of these results come back abnormal, your doctor will prescribe further tests to know the reason for the problem.
There is no requirement to stop taking your medicine(s) before having your TSH level checked.
But, it is more important to tell your doctor about all your medications as some drugs can affect the thyroid function.
For example, thyroid function must be screened, especially if you are taking lithium. In case if you are taking lithium, there is a high possibility that your thyroid might not function correctly.
It is prescribed by every doctor that you have a TSH level test before starting this medicine.
If you have an average level of TSH, then you can have your levels screened out every 6 to 12 months.
If your thyroid function becomes abnormal and if you could find any symptoms, then you should be treated.
The average values of the thyroid are T3: 80-200 ng/dL, T4: 57-148 nmol/L, TI: 1.5-4.5 (index), FT3: 4.0-7.4 pmol/L, and FT4: 10-26 pmol/L.
Low levels: Pituitary gland disorder, thyroid gland demolition due to radiation or surgery, and thyroiditis.
High levels: Excessive intake of thyroid medications than prescribed and thyroid gland diseases like Graves’ disease, goiter, etc.
Thyroid Test Cost In Delhi
Well, the thyroid test cost related to thyroid disorder may wide vary from hospital to hospital. Moreover, suppose if you are a disabled person, then and if you have a medical card for it.
Then you don’t have to worry about the thyroid test cost, and it won’t cost anything.
If you want the exact price of the thyroid test right now.
Then you can get it directly from the hospitals which can offer you the accurate cost.
We have so many hospitals and laboratories who can do the test more appropriately. The Thyroid test cost widely vary from Rs- 170 to Rs-3999 which cost according to the type of thyroid test
The free form of thyroid hormones is highly sensitive to detect thyroid dysfunction. Unaffected by non-thyroidal factors, they reflect the active form of the hormone.
Screening test which done with TSH alone will be misleading, and so the measurement of free T3 & T4 are also critical.
For patients with detected or known pituitary disease, TSH value alone should not be used as a single laboratory test to diagnose the thyroid function.
Factors Affecting The Results Of Thyroid Function Tests Cost?
Medication and illness can influence more on Thyroid function test cost. If you have any severe conditions, then let the person taking your blood test know as it might affect the readings, notably:
1. Any serious problems such as heart attack, trauma, infection, severe liver disease, or kidney failure.
2. Already if you are in medication for thyroid disorders, especially when taking too much or too little.
3. Any medicine if you are undergoing, including the contraceptive pill, anticonvulsants, steroid hormones, anti-inflammatory drugs, lithium (used for certain mental disorders) and amiodarone.
Inform your doctor if:
4) You are under treatment and any medication because it can alter the test results.
5) You are pregnant or planning to become pregnant, as the levels of thyroid hormones change during pregnancy.
6) You have taken any X-Ray Test in the past which have used a special contrast dye.
This also can affect the results of the thyroid function test.
Additional Information About The Thyroid Test Cost:
- Blood tests are the most accurate way, to diagnose and manage thyroid disorders,
- For diagnosing, the symptoms and how you feel are the critical factors.
- To maintain the reference range of TSH is important for your health.
- If you are having a thyroid disorder or already having treatment for an overactive thyroid, then it is quite essential to do a blood test for thyroid every 12 months or as per the doctor’s advice.
- If you are in the treatment of thyroid disorder, then there are many ways to fine-tune your treatment so that you will feel better.
- If you are planning for pregnancy or if you are pregnant, you should have done a thyroid disorder test in early pregnancy.
- If you are under medication, you should not change the dosage without consulting with your doctor.